- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In a sauce pan add 1/3 cup sugar, cornstarch, water, and rhubarb. Bring just to a boil. Stir, reduce heat to simmer and cook an additional 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, add strawberries and stir to combine all ingredients.
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, and 2/3 cup sugar. In another bowl combine egg, milk and softened butter, stirring until combined. Add flour mixture and blend together.
- In prepared baking dish, add rhubarb mixture in bottom of pan and reserve about 1/2 cup to garnish top. Spread batter evenly over fruit mixture and garnish with reserved rhubarb mixture.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until done. Insert toothpick in center to check doneness. Toothpick should come out clean.
- Serve warm or cold. Garnish, if desired, with whipped topping or ice cream.
|Prep Time: 25 minutes|
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Serving Size: 1 piece
|-||2 teaspoons corn starch|
|-||1 cup sugar, divided|
|-||2 1/2 cups rhubarb, fresh, chopped|
|-||1/4 cup water|
|-||1 cup strawberries, fresh, sliced or chopped|
|-||1 cup all purpose flour|
|-||1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder|
|-||1/2 teaspoon salt|
|-||1/2 cup milk|
|-||1/2 cup butter, salted, softened|
|-||1 teaspoon vanilla|