- In large saucepan cook onion in butter until tender.
- Drain plums, reserving liquid, remove pits. Place plums, syrup, apricots (or loquats) in blender or food processor. Process until smooth.
- Add plum puree and remaining ingredients into saucepan with onions. Simmer, uncovered for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Grill ribs over low heat about 20-25 minutes, turning 3-4 times and brushing often with sauce until well coated.
- Pass remaining sauce with when serving ribs.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Container: grill, large saucepan
|-||8 pounds pork spareribs|
|-||1/2 cup chopped onion|
|-||2 tablespoons butter or margarine|
|-||1 (17 oz.) can purple plums|
|-||1 cup apricots (or loquats)|
|-||1 (6 oz.) can frozen pink or yellow lemonade, thawed|
|-||1/4 cup chili sauce|
|-||1/4 cup soy sauce|
|-||2 teaspoons yellow mustard|
|-||2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger or 1 tsp. ground ginger|
|-||1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce |