- In small bowl combine soy sauce, vinegar and sugar.
- In large skillet heat olive oil over medium heat. Add cabbage, carrots, garlic and ginger. Season with salt and pepper; cook, tossing vegetables until tender (about 3 5 minutes).
- Raise heat to high, add pork and soy mixture. Cook until pork is no longer pink, 7-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, transfer to bowl to cool.
- Lay wrappers flat on work surface and assemble one at a time.
- Heat 6 cups of vegetable oil until it reaches 250° F. Cook in batches of 4, fry until golden brown, turning accasionally. Drain on paper towels. Serve with sauce.
- Preheat oven to 400° F, lightly oil a baking sheet, place egg rolls on sheet and brush with oil. Bake until golden brown (about 15 minutes). Serve with sauce.
- Prepare egg rolls as directed above. Freeze in a single layer until firm. Transfer to freezer bags. Can be frozen for up to 3 months. No need to thaw before baking or frying.
|Prep Time: 20 minutes|
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Container: small bowl, large skillet, 5 quart pot for frying or baking sheet to bake, if you prefer.
|-||1/4 cup soy sauce|
|-||2 tablespoons rice vinegar|
|-||1 tablespoon brown sugar|
|-||1 head cabbage, thinly sliced|
|-||1 tablespoon olive oil|
|-||1 bag shredded carrots|
|-||4 cloves garlic, minced|
|-||1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated|
|-||1 pound ground pork (chopped left over pork works well too)|
|-||6 scallions, thinly sliced|
|-||16 egg roll wrappers|
|-||1 bottled or homeade sweet-n-sour sauce and spicy mustard for dipping|
|-|| salt and peper|