- Whisk together milk, flour and pepper in large saucepan, bring to boil, stirring as it thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1/2 cup cheese. Stir in wine or chicken stock, set aside.
- In medium saucepan, melt butter, add mushrooms and shallots and saute for 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat and add to cheese sauce along with chicken, shrimp and artichokes and the 2nd cup of cheese.
- Spoon into a buttered or greased casserole dish, top with bread crumbs and chunks of butter.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until browned, bubbly around edges. Serve hot.
|Prep Time: 20 minutes|
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Container: large saucepan, medium saucepan, 2 quart casserole dish
Serving Size: 1 cup
|-||3/4 cup milk|
|-||1/4 cup flour|
|-||1/2 teaspoon white pepper|
|-||1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese|
|-||2/3 cup chicken stock ro white wine|
|-||1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter|
|-||8 ounces mushrooms, sliced|
|-||2 tablespoons shallots, minced|
|-||2 tablespoons butter|
|-||1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs|
|-|| 2 large boneless chicken breasts, grilled and cut up into bite size pieces|
|-||1 pound medium shrimp, cooked, remove tails|
|-|| 2 (10 oz. pkgs) frozen artichoke hearts, cooked according to pkg direction, cut into quarters|
|-||2 cups any desired cheese, shredded|