- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 425 degrees. Grease the baking sheet.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt in large bowl. Combine buttermilk and 8 tablespoons melted butter in medium bowl, stirring until butter forms small clumps.
- Add buttermilk mixture to dry ingredients and stir with rubber spatula until just incorporated and batter pulls away from sides of bowl.
- Using greased 1/4-cup dry measure, scoop level amount of batter and drop onto the greased baking sheet (biscuits should measure about 2 1/4 inches in diameter and 1 1/4 inches high). Repeat with remaining batter, spacing biscuits about 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake until tops are golden brown and crisp, 14 to 16 minutes.
- Brush biscuit tops with remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter. Transfer to wire rack and let cool 5 minutes before serving.
|Prep Time: 20 minutes|
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Container: Baking sheet
|-||2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour (10 ounces)|
|-||2 teaspoons baking powder|
|-||1/2 teaspoon baking soda|
|-||1 teaspoon sugar|
|-||3/4 teaspoon table salt|
|-||1 cup buttermilk (cold)|
|-||8 tablespoons unsalted butter , melted and cooled slightly (5 minutes), plus 2 tablespoons melted butter for brushing biscuits|