- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease the baking dish.
- Leave pepper stems on, cut peppers open down one side.
- Clean out the membrane and seeds.
- Place on the grill on medium heat.
- Cook for 5 minutes each side or until charred.
- Place in a paper bag, let sit for 5-10 minutes, then take them out and peel off the skin.
- Bake sweet potatoes until done.
- Split open, let cool and remove the soft flesh to a medium mixing bowl.
- Stir in green onion, chili powder and garlic.
- Add in 2 tablespoons milk.
- Stir in 1/2 cup queso quesadilla cheese or colby jack.
- Spoon potato mixture into prepared peppers.
- Bake covered 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle tops with more cheese.
- Can be made a day ahead and kept in the refrigerator until ready to bake.
|Prep Time: 35 minutes|
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Container: rectangular baking dish, grill, medium mixing bowl
|-|| non stick cooking spray|
|-||6 anaheim, poblano, banana or sweet peppers|
|-||2 sweet potatoes|
|-||2 tablespoons milk|
|-||3 green onions|
|-||2 teaspoons chili powder|
|-||1 clove garlic - minced|
|-||1/2 cup shredded queso quesadilla cheese or colby jack|
|-|| extra cheese to sprinkle on top|