- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Line muffin tins with foil or paper liners to hold muffin mixture, or spray cooking oil on non-lined compartments in tin.
- In large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon, mixing together well. Add ginger and salt and mix into other ingredients.
- In small mixing bowl, beat egg until creamy and smooth in texture. Add milk, pumpkin, canola oil, and lemon zest. Beat all ingredients together until well mixed.
- Pour egg mixture into ingredients containing flour and sugar to complete muffin batter. Stir together until flour mixture is moist.
Place muffin tin in oven and bake for 16 to 18 minutes. Muffin should be soft and springy in texture when gently touched.
- Remove muffins from oven and from the muffin tin. Allow muffins to cool on a baking rack.
|Prep Time: 20 minutes|
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Container: muffin baking tin
Serving Size: 1 each
|-||1/2 teaspoon salt|
|-||1 cup fat-free milk|
|-||1/2 cup pumpkin pie filling|
|-||1/4 cup canola oil|
|-||1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon zest, grated|
|-||1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|-||1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour|
|-||1/2 cup brown sugar, packed|
|-||2 tablespoons baking powder|
|-||1 teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|-||1 teaspoon ground ginger|