- Brown the ground beef, onion, and garlic in a skillet on the stovetop over medium heat. Cook until meat is no longer pink. Drain the grease.
- Add the spaghetti sauce, salt, and oregano to the ground beef and stir until well mixed.
- Spread 1/4 of the meat sauce on the bottom of an ungreased 5 quart slow cooker.
- Place one 1/3 of the uncooked lasagna noodles over the meat in the bottom of the crock.
- Combine all the cheeses together and mix well. Spread 1/3 of the cheese mixture over the noodles.
- Repeat with two more layers of meat, noodles, and cheese in the order stated above. Finish with the last 1/4 of meat sauce on top.
- Place the cover on the slow cooker and turn it on high. Cook for 1 hour on high and then turn down to low and cook for an additional 2 to 3 hours.
- Cook until noodles are tender. Remove the cover, cut into serving size pieces and remove with a spatula.
|Prep Time: 45 minutes|
Cook Time: 4 hours
Container: 5-quart slow cooker
|-||1 pound ground beef|
|-||1 large onion, finely chopped|
|-||2 cloves garlic, minced|
|-||1 jar spaghetti sauce (26 oz.)|
|-||1 teaspoon salt|
|-||1 teaspoon dried oregano (1/2 tsp. if ground)|
|-||1 package lasagne noodles (8 oz.)|
|-||4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese|
|-||1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese or cottage cheese|
|-||1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese|