- Bring 6 quarts of water to a boil.
- Add 1 tablespoon of salt and 1 pound of pasta.
- Cook until al dent approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat with 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Add onion and garlic.
- Saute until onions are translucent (3-4 minutes).
- Add lemon zest, pepper flakes, tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes and basil.
- Stir to combine.
- Add 1/2 cup of pasta water, snap peas and drained pasta.
- Set aside while you cook salmon.
- Cover baking sheet with foil.
- Lay fillets, skin side down, on foil.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle garlic and rosemary over filets, sprinkle or squeeze fresh lemon juice over fillets.
- Place under broiler on low, cook for 3-5 minutes depending on thickness.
- Remove from oven.
- Divide pasta among 4 plates, place one filet on top of each plate of pasta.
- Garnish with parsley and grated parmesan cheese if desired.
|Container: baking sheet, large skillet and large pasta pot|
|-||1 pound spaghetti or any long pasta of choice|
|-||1/2 cup olive oil plus extra for drizzling|
|-||1/2 red onion - diced|
|-||1/2 white onion - diced|
|-||3 cloves garlic - sliced|
|-||1 lemon - zested|
|-||1 teaspoon crushed red pepper - more or less depending on how hot you prefer it|
|-||6 leaves fresh basil - chiffonad|
|-||1 cup tomatoes - diced|
|-||8 ounces olive oil packed sun-dried tomatoes - drained and slice thin|
|-||10 ounces snap peas|