- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray loaf pan with non stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the meats, cracker crumbs, egg, galic, onion, salt and pepper, Worcestershire sauce and tomato sauce.
- Don't over mix, just mix with your hands to combine.
- Split meat mixture in half.
- Shape 1/2 into an oblong oval, place in the loaf pan.
- On top of that, sprinkle cheese all over.
- Top with second half of the meat mixture.
- Go around the edges and seal so that the cheese won't leak out.
- Pour tomato sauce over the top.
- Place in the oven and bake for 50 - 60 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 160°.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 1 hour
Container: loaf pan and large mixing bowl
|-||1/2 cup saltine crackers, crushed|
|-||2 pounds ground beef - can use sausage, italian sausage or any combination|
|-||1 egg |
|-||2 cloves garlic - minced|
|-||2 onion - minced|
|-|| salt and pepper to taste|
|-||1/4 cup tomato sauce |
|-||2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce |
|-||1 cup cheese - any kind you choose, shredded|
|-||1/2 cup tomato sauce (for top)|