- Pick enough tarragon leaves to measure 1/2 cup - not packed.
- Put in a food processor along with green onions and shallots.
- Pulse a couple of times.
- Add in parsley, mayonnaise, rice vinegar and Dijon mustard.
- Process until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sauce may be made a day ahead.
- Keep covered and chilled.
- Bring to room temperature before serving.
- In a skillet, bring stock (or wine), water and lemon slices to a simmer, covered.
- Cut salmon into 6 pieces, season with salt and pepper.
- Place 3 salmon pieces, skin side down, into simmering liquid.
- Add hot water if necessary to just cover the salmon.
- Poach at a low simmer, covered, for 8-10 minutes or just until cooked through.
- Check with a fork at the thickest part to check for flakiness.
- Transfer cooked salmon to a platter.
- Cook remaining salmon the same way.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with tarragon sauced drizzled over the top.
- Extra sauce can be served on the side.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Container: skillet, food processor
|-||1/2 lemon - sliced into thin rings|
|-||3 pounds salmon fillet - cut into 6 pieces|
|-||2 1/2 cups dry white wine or chicken stock|
|-||2 1/2 cups water|
|-||2 bunches fresh tarragon - leaves stripped from the stem|
|-||8 green onion, cut in half|
|-||1 large shallot - cut into chunks|
|-||3/4 cup parsley - regular or flat leaf|
|-||1/3 cup rice wine vinegar|
|-||1 cup mayo|
|-||2 teaspoons Dijon mustard |
|-|| capers for garnish - optional|