- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, tender but still firm. Drain and set aside
- Meanwhile, blend salsa, cilantro and sour cream in a small dish. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of butter over medium high heat in a sautÃƒÂ© pan.
- Add 2 tablespoons of flour and whisk in the milk, keep whisking until thickened.
- Turn heat down to medium low and add in 2 cups of shredded cheese. Stir until all is melted.
- Stir in noodles.
- Spread half of the macaroni and cheese mixture into the casserole dish.
- Then spread on half of the salsa mixture over the noodles.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese and 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese.
- Repeat these layers.
- Sprinkle chips over the top and bake until heated through, approximately 15 minutes.
|Prep Time: 25 minutes|
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Container: 9x13 casserole dish, large sautÃƒÂ© pan
|-||2 cups uncooked macaroni noodle or favorite pasta|
|-||1 cup thick and chunky salsa|
|-||1 cup fresh cilantro - chopped|
|-||8 ounces sour cream|
|-||3 cups cheddar cheese or monteray jack cheese - shredded and divided|
|-||1 cup parmesan cheese|
|-||2 tablespoons butter|
|-||2 tablespoons flour|
|-||1 1/2 cups milk|
|-||1 1/2 cups corn chips, regular or lime flavored - broken up|