- Preheat oven to 350Â°.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugars, butter, shortening, eggs and vanilla.
- Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add flour, oatmeal, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Mix until a soft dough forms.
- Stir in chips.
- Drop dough by heaping teaspoons two inches apart onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely on wire racks.
- Store in an airtight container.
|Prep Time: 10 minutes|
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Container: mixer, cookie sheets
|-||1 cup sugar|
|-||1 cup packed brown sugar|
|-||1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine- softened|
|-||1/2 cup vegetable shortening|
|-||1 teaspoon vanilla|
|-||2 cups flour|
|-||2 cups uncooked old fashioned rolled oats|
|-||1 teaspoon baking soda|
|-||1/2 teaspoon baking powder|
|-||1/4 teaspoon salt|
|-||1 cup butterscotch chips|
|-||1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips|