- This recipe can be used with refrigerated french loaf dough or frozen bread dough.
- If using a refrigerated dough, skip the thawing and rising portion that is listed next and skip to rolling out the dough.
- If using frozen dough, place frozen bread dough out to thaw for eight hours or overnight.
- When thawed, place in a large, greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Place in a warm place and allow the dough to rise until it is doubled in size - approximately 2-3 hours.
- Punch dough down and roll out into a 10x14 rectangle on a floured baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spread honey mustard over the dough.
- Layer ham on the dough, coming to within 1/2 inch from the edge. Then a layer of salami over the ham.
- Sprinkle sausage evenly over the salami and top with parmesan cheese.
- Spread chopped spinach over all.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of oregano and then a layer of provolone cheese over all.
- Roll up jelly roll style starting on a long end.
- Seal seam together and pinch and tuck ends under.
- Turn the roll so the seam side is down.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Cut into sandwich slices after it has cooled for approximately 10 minutes.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Container: baking sheet, large mixing bowl
|-||1/2 pound ground sausage - plain or Italian - cooked|
|-||1 loaf frozen bread dough or 1 canister of refrigerated french bread dough|
|-||2 tablespoons honey mustard|
|-||1/4 cup parmesan cheese - shredded|
|-||8 slices honey ham|
|-||10 slices salami|
|-||1 1/2 cups provolone cheese - shredded|
|-||1 1/2 cups packed fresh spinach - chopped|
|-||1 teaspoon dried oregano|