- Chop vegetables into coarsely cut pieces of a desired size. Saute in 10 inch skillet until slightly softened. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Crack egg into mixing bowl and beat until smooth.
- Add frozen potatoes and mix egg into frozen potatoes. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- On stovetop, add 1 tablespoon of oil to a 10 inch non-stick skillet to be warmed on medium heat setting.
- Add frozen potato mixture to a non-stick skillet, using a spatula to level the potatoes evenly across the pan. Since the potato mixture does not firm up after cooking only one side, the non-stick skillet will assist with the ease of turning the pizza over when the first side is finished cooking. Cover pan and cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden brown on bottom surface of potatoes. Remove cover and cook an additional 5 to 6 minutes.
- Lightly coat flat baking sheet with oil or cooking spray.
- Remove skillet from stovetop. Using protective mitts or hotpads, place a flat baking sheet over the skillet. Hold baking sheet against skillet and turn skillet over so pizza drops out of skillet onto baking sheet.
- Remove bits of potato from skillet and place it back onto burner, adding remaining 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Slide potato pizza off baking sheet and into skillet, allowing uncooked surface to begin cooking.
- Sprinkle sauteed vegetables over top of potato pizza and cover with cheese.
- Cook second side in covered skillet for 5 minutes, until golden brown and then cook uncovered for 3 to 4 minutes. When finished cooking, tilt skillet and allow potato pizza to slide out of skillet onto serving plate. Cut into 4 pie-shaped pieces and serve warm.
- Note: Meat can be added to this recipe. Simply use ground meat such as sausage or pieces of pepperoni. Add 2/3 cup of meat to mixture when adding other ingredients. Retain 3 tablespoons for use to be sprinkled over surface when the remaining cheese is added.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Serving Size: 1 slice
|-|| large egg|
|-||1/2 cup cheese - cheddar or any cheese of choice|
|-|| green onions, sliced|
|-||3/4 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced - more if desired|
|-||1/2 cup green sweet peppers, diced|
|-||4 cups frozen hash brown potatoes|
|-||2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil|
|-|| salt and pepper to taste|