- Chop pepperoni slices into coarsely cut pieces of a desired size.
- Crack egg into mixing bowl and beat until smooth.
- Add 1/2 cup of cheese, 1/4 cup of pepperoni, green onions, herbs of choice (parsley, rosemary or similar), ground pepper and salt. Add frozen potatoes and mix all ingredients together.
- On stovetop, add 1 tablespoon of oil to a 10 inch non-stick skillet, warming oil on medium heat setting.
- Add frozen potato mixture to a non-stick skillet, using a spatula to level the potatoes evenly across the pan. Since the potato mixture does not firm up after cooking only one side, the non-stick skillet will assist with the ease of turning the pizza over when the first side is finished cooking. Cover pan and cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden brown on bottom surface of potatoes. Remove cover and cook for an additional 5 to 6 minutes.
- Remove skillet from stovetop. Using protective mitts or hotpads, place a flat baking sheet over the skillet. Hold baking sheet against skillet and turn skillet over so pizza drops out of skillet onto baking sheet.
- Remove bits of potato from skillet and place it back onto burner, adding remaining 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Slide potato pizza off baking sheet and into skillet, allowing uncooked surface to begin cooking.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of cheese over top of potato pizza. Disperse remaining 1/4 cup of pepperoni over cheese.
- Cook second side in uncovered skillet for 5 to 6 minutes, until golden brown. When finished cooking, tilt skillet and allow potato pizza to slide out of skillet onto serving plate. Cut into 4 pie-shaped pieces and serve warm.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Serving Size: 1 slice
|-||1 large egg|
|-||1/2 cup pepperoni - 2 inch slices, chopped and divided - more if desired|
|-||1 cup cheese - Swiss or parmesan, divided - more if desired|
|-||1 tablespoon green onion, minced|
|-||1 teaspoon herb, parsley or rosemary or herb of choice|
|-||1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper|
|-||1/2 teaspoon salt|
|-||4 cups frozen hash brown potatoes|
|-||2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil|