- Add flour to melted crisco.
- Stir and cook over medium heat until it starts to brown.
- Add onions, celery and pepper.
- Stir while it cooks for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, water, okra, salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium low heat for at least 1 hour or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the shrimp and crab plus the filÃ©.
- May add a few dashes of tabasco for a little spice.
- Serve over rice.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 1 hour
|-||1/4 cup butter flavored crisco|
|-||2 tablespoons flour|
|-||1 pound fresh or frozen okra|
|-||1 large can of whole tomatoes|
|-||1 large can from the tomatoes full of water|
|-||1 cup celery - chopped|
|-||1 cup onion - chopped|
|-||1/4 cup red pepper - chopped|
|-|| salt and pepper to taste|
|-||1 teaspoon gumbo filÃ© or Old Bay Seasoning|
|-||2 cans crab meat or 1 package (14 oz.) imitation crab sticks|
|-||1 pound shrimp - peeled, cooked or uncooked|