- Combine flour, salt and pepper in a container large enough to hold the ribs.
- Roll the ribs in the flour mixture to coat.
- Brown the meat in a small amount of oil in a skillet.
- Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in the same skillet used to brown the meat.
- Cook, stirring up the browned bits, until the mixture comes to a boil. Pour over the ribs.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 8-9 hours.
- Debone and serve.
|Container: slow cooker, large skillet|
|-||2/3 cup flour|
|-||2 teaspoons salt|
|-||1/2 teaspoon pepper|
|-||4 pounds boneless beef short ribs or 4-6 pounds of bone in beef short ribs|
|-||1 large onion - chopped|
|-||1 1/2 cups water or beef broth|
|-||3/4 cup cider vinegar or red wine vinegar|
|-||1/2 cup brown sugar|
|-||1/2 cup chili sauce|
|-||1/3 cup ketchup|
|-||3 dashes Worcestershire sauce |
|-||3 cloves garlic - minced|
|-||2 tablespoons kitchen bouquet - if not using beef broth|