- Trim any fat from the ham steaks and sautÃƒÂ© in clarified butter until the edges of the ham turn golden and the butter starts to brown.
- Remove ham from pan and keep warm.
- In the same pan, pour in water, coffee and cream or milk.
- Bring to a boil, stirring and scraping the bottom of the pan.
- Cook until the gravy thickens. Note that this gravy does not get as thick as a regular gravy. If you want a thicker consistency, stir in 1 tablespoon of cornstarch and another 1/4 cup of milk. Keep stirring as it thickens.
- Serve over warm ham with rice.
|Prep Time: 5 minutes|
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Serving Size: 1 piece
|-||2 ham steaks, approximately 1 pound each, 1/4-1/2 inch thick|
|-||1/4 cup unsalted clarified butter|
|-||1 cup water|
|-||1 cup brewed coffee|
|-||1/4 cup heavy cream or milk|