- Preheat oven to 350ÂºF.
- Coat the casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large sauce pan, combine milk, cream soup, and rice.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat and add chicken, green beans, mushrooms, and pimentos.
- Stir to combine.
- Remove from heat and pour into the prepared casserole dish.
- Spread shredded cheese on top of the mixture. Sprinkle the onion rings (if desired) on top of the cheese.
- Bake uncovered for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cover the casserole loosely with foil to prevent over-browning. Bake an additional 20 minutes.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Container: 3-quart casserole and a large sauce pan
|-||10 3/4 ounces cream of mushroom soup|
|-||2 cups milk|
|-||1 cup white rice, uncooked (do not use instant rice)|
|-||2 cups chicken, cooked and cut into bite sized pieces|
|-||1 pound frozen green beans, slightly thawed|
|-||4 ounces mushrooms, drained|
|-||2 tablespoons pimentos, chopped|
|-||1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (use more if desired)|
|-||1 (2.8 oz. container) French fried onion rings (optional)|