- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Coat inside of the casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Fill a large sauce pan with 6 cups water, chicken bouillon, onion, garlic and bay leaf. Bring to a boil.
- Add chicken breasts, reduce heat, and cook 15 minutes.
- Drain and cut into cubes approximately 1/2 inch in size; set aside.
- Place broccoli in a heat safe container. Pour boiling salt water over broccoli; drain.
- In a mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, cream soup, lemon juice, and curry powder.
- Arrange broccoli in bottom of prepared baking dish. Place chicken on top and cover with sauce, cheese, and croutons.
- Drizzle melted butter over the entire casserole.
- Bake uncovered 40 to 45 minutes.
- Serve the casserole over a bed of rice if desired.
TIP: For a quick and easy alternative, purchase a rotisserie chicken; remove the skin; and use the breast, thigh, and leg meat. You can also purchase microwave ready bagged vegetables that reduce the preparation and cooking time for this recipe.
|Prep Time: 30 minutes|
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Container: 3-quart casserole and large sauce pan
|-||6 cups water|
|-||2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules or 2 cubes|
|-||1 bay leaf|
|-||2 tablespoons minced dried onion or 1/2 fresh onion|
|-||2 teaspoons garlic, fresh or dried|
|-||4 chicken breasts, skinless-boneless|
|-||20 ounces broccoli, fresh or frozen|
|-||1 can cream of chicken soup - 10 3/4 oz. can|
|-||1/2 cup mayonnaise|
|-||1 teaspoon lemon juice|
|-||1/2 teaspoon curry powder, optional|
|-||8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese|
|-||1 cup seasoned croutons|
|-||1/4 cup butter, melted|
|-|| Rice for 6 servings, optional|