- Place meat, potatoes, onion, and cabbage in a slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with the seasoning packet that came packaged with the corned beef.
- Combine apple juice, brown sugar, and mustard in a medium bowl.
- Pour over the vegetables and meat.
- Cover and cook on high for 6 to 6 1/2 hours or on low for 10 to 12 hours. The meat and vegetables should be very tender.
- Remove the meat and vegetables from the slow cooker.
- Thinly slice the meat across the grain and serve with the vegetables.
- Serve with crusty bread if desired.
|Prep Time: 10 minutes|
Cook Time: 6 or more hours
Container: large slow cooker
|-||3 pounds corned beef brisket|
|-||5 medium potatoes, scrubbed, unpeeled, sliced into 1 inch chunks|
|-||1 large onion - cut into wedges|
|-||1 head of cabbage - cut into wedges|
|-||4 cups apple juice|
|-||1 cup brown sugar|
|-||1 tablespoon Dijon mustard |