- Coat a large skillet with 1 tablespoon of melted butter.
- Heat to medium high heat.
- Add scallops and sear on each side 3-5 minutes or until opaque. Don't overcook.
- Remove from heat, keep warm.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to pan, cook onion and garlic until tender.
- Stir in chicken broth and lemon juice.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in fresh or dried parsley, dash of salt and ground black pepper.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Divide pasta between two large bowls.
- Spoon scallops over pasta, top with sauce.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and fresh parsley if desired.
Note: For extra creaminess, add in 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter after adding the lemon juice, stir until melted.
|Prep Time: 10 minutes|
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Container: Large skillet, pasta pot
|-||3/4 pound scallops|
|-||1 clove garlic - chopped fine|
|-||1/2 large onion - chopped fine|
|-||1 tablespoon olive oil|
|-||1/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth|
|-||1/4 cup lemon juice or 1/2 fresh squeezed lemon|
|-||1/4 cup fresh parsley - chopped, more for garnish or 2 tablespoons dried parsley|
|-|| whole wheat or regular pasta|
|-|| fresh parmesan cheese - grated, optional|