- In each tortilla cut a 1" slit towards the center (at the 12, 3, 9 o'clock positions). Place a tortilla in each of the 4 custard or muffin cups.
- Combine meat, bread crumbs, picante sauce, egg and chile powder. Blend well.
- Divide meat mixture into 4 equal portions. Place each portion in 1 tortilla lined custard cup.
- Make slight indentations in center of loaf with spoon or thumb.
- Place in oven and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle each center with shredded cheese of choice.
- Let sit 2-3 minutes. Garnish with lettuce and tomatoes.
*May also microwave loaves at 70 percent (med-high) 8-9 minutes, rotating cups part way through. Remove and top with cheese.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Container: 4 (10 oz.) custard cups or large muffin tin.
|-|| 6-inch tortillas|
|-||1 pound ground beef|
|-||1/2 cup bread crumbs|
|-||1/3 cup picante sauce or salsa|
|-|| egg, beaten|
|-||1 teaspoon chili powder, or more to taste if you want spicier|
|-||1/2 cup shredded cheddar, colby or monterey jack for topping|
|-|| garnish with lettuce & tomatoes|