- Mix together beef, crumbs, onion, egg, salt, ginger & milk.
- Shape mixture into 1" balls.
- Melt shortening or vegetable oil in large skillet.
- Cook and brown meatballs until done, 10-15 minutes. Remove and keep warm in 200 degree oven.
- Pour fat from skillet, discard.
- Mix cornstarch and sugar. Whisk in reserved pineapple syrup, vinegar, and soy sauce until smooth. Pour into skillet, cook over medium heat, whisking constantly until mixture thickens and boils.
- Add meatballs, tidbits and green pepper. Heat thoroughly.
*Can be stored and/or frozen in plastic sealed bags or container.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Container: Large mixing bowl, skillet
Serving Size: 2 pieces
|-||1 1/2 pounds ground beef|
|-||2/3 cup cracker crumbs or bread crumbs (plain)|
|-||1/3 cup minced onion|
|-||1 1/2 teaspoons salt|
|-||1/4 teaspoon ginger (powdered)|
|-||1/4 cup milk|
|-||1 tablespoon shortening or vegetable oil|
|-||2 tablespoons cornstarch|
|-||1/2 cup brown sugar|
|-||13 ounces 1 can, pineapple tidbits, drained and reserve syrup|
|-||1/3 cup vinegar (apple cider)|
|-||1 tablespoon soy sauce|
|-||1/3 cup green pepper|