- Combine beef, egg, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, salt, milk, onion and bread crumbs in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix well.
- Roll out onto wax paper into an 8x5 rectangle, 1/2 inch thick.
- Sprinkle cheese and mushroom on top of beef mixture.
- Roll lengthwise like a jelly roll.
- Place seam side down in baking dish.
- Bake for one hour at 350° - or you can microwave turning occasionally for 25-30 minutes on roast.
- Blend brown sugar and ketchup.
- Spread over loaf as soon as it comes out of the oven. May not need to use all of the ketchup mixture on top.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 1 hour
Container: baking dish, large mixing bowl
|-||1 1/2 pounds ground beef|
|-||1 egg - slightly beaten|
|-||1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce |
|-||1/4 teaspoon pepper|
|-||1/4 teaspoon salt|
|-||1/2 cup milk|
|-||1/4 cup onion - chopped|
|-||1/3 cup dry bread crumbs|
|-||1 cup cheddar or monterey jack cheese - grated|
|-||1 can(4 ounces) mushroom pieces - drained or 4 oz. fresh mushrooms - chopped and sauteéd in butter until brown|
|-||3/4 cup ketchup|
|-||1/4 cup brown sugar|