- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Butter or grease a baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Mix with a fork.
- Stir in the eggs, cream and melted butter.
- Fold in corn, cheese and jalapeno pepper until well distributed.
- Spoon batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake until a cake tester or toothpick inserted in the center of the corn bread comes out clean, 35-40 minutes.
Note: You can use as much or as little jalapeno as desired in this recipe.
|Prep Time: 10 minutes|
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Container: 8 inch square or round baking dish
|-||1 cup yellow corn meal|
|-||1 cup flour|
|-||1/4 cup sugar|
|-||1 tablespoon baking powder|
|-||1 pinch kosher salt|
|-||3 large eggs|
|-||1 cup heavy cream|
|-||1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine - melted|
|-||1 cup corn kernels - fesh, canned or frozen|
|-||2/3 cup cheddar cheese - grated - can substitute monterey jack or sharp cheddar|
|-||1 medium jalapeno pepper - seeded, chopped fine, or jarred jalapeÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â±o (3 teaspoons) chopped fine|