- In a medium bowl, mix the crumbs, walnuts, sugar and cinnamon together.
- Stir in melted butter until all is moistened.
- Press into an ungreased 13x9 baking dish.
CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat in a sugar and eggs until fluffy.
- Pour over the crust and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until set.
- Allow to cool.
PUMPKIN PIE FILLING:
- In a large saucepan, combine the pumpkin, egg yolks, 1/2 cup of sugar, milk, cinnamon and salt.
- Cook and stir over low heat 10-12 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat.
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water, let stand for 1 minute.
- Over low heat, stir the gelatin until it is dissolved completely.
- Stir in the pumpkin mixture, allow to cool.
- Beat the egg whites, with the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar until stiff peaks form. May not get real stiff but will become thick and glossy.
- Fold into the pumpkin mixture.
- Pour pumpkin mixture over the cream cheese layer.
- Top with a layer of whipped cream topping.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until completely set.
|Prep Time: 45 minutes|
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Container: 9x13 baking dish, mixing bowls, saucepans
|-||1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs|
|-||1/3 cup sugar|
|-||1/2 cup walnuts - chopped fine|
|-||1 teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|-||1/3 cup (5 tablespoons) butter - melted|
|-|| CREAM CHEESE FILLING:|
|-||12 ounces cream cheese - softened|
|-||1 cup sugar|
|-|| PUMPKIN FILLING:|
|-||15 ounces (1 can) solid packed pumpkin|
|-||3 eggs - separated|
|-||3/4 cup sugar - divided|
|-||1/2 cup milk|
|-||2 tablespoons ground cinnamon|
|-||1/2 teaspoon salt|
|-||1 envelope of unflavored gelatin|
|-||1/4 cup cold water|
|-||8 ounces (1 tub) whipped topping|