- Place pieces of salmon in food processor and chop into fine bits by pulsing in processor.
- Place butter in mixing bowl and manually whisk or beat with electric mixer until an airy and fluffy texture is achieved.
- Add salmon to butter and mix together.
- Combine onion and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place mixture in an airtight container and refrigerate for 8 hours to allow flavors to blend together.
- When ready to serve, spread on small crackers or crusty baguette slices.
- Garnish with an slice of green olive stuffed with a pimento.
- Note: Salmon pate is readily available in food stores, so if time for preparation is limited, the processed product can be substituted.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Serving Size: 3 pieces
|-||1/4 pound unsalted butter, softened|
|-||1 pound salmon, cooked or smoked|
|-||3/4 cup sweet onion, minced|
|-||1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh squeezed|
|-|| salt, to taste|
|-|| ground pepper, to taste|
|-||4 ounces thin crackers|
|-||25 each green olives, pimento stuffed|