- Combine water and rice in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Simmer for 15 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Stir in vanilla, sugar, half and half and salt.
- Cook over medium low heat for 30 minutes, stirring often so it doesn't scorch on the bottom.
- Add white chocolate morsels, shut off heat, stir until the chocolate is melted.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Spoon into individual serving dishes or if not serving right away, put in a covered container in the refrigerator.
- When serving, top with dried cranberry sauce and sprinkle with almonds.
DRIED CRANBERRY SAUCE
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook uncovered for approximately 30 minutes or until the sauce coats a spoon and is reduced to 1 cup.
- Stir occasionally while cooking.
- Cool completely before serving.
- Serve over rice pudding.
|Prep Time: 10 minutes|
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Container: large saucepan, individual serving dishes
|-|| RICE PUDDING:|
|-||1 1/2 cups hot water|
|-||3/4 cup basmati rice - or any medium grain rice|
|-||1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract|
|-||1/2 cup sugar|
|-||4 cups half and half|
|-||1/4 teaspoon salt|
|-||3/4 cup white chocolate chips|
|-|| DIRED CRANBERRY SAUCE:|
|-||1/2 cup sliced almonds - toasted|
|-||1/2 cup dired cranberries|
|-||2 cups merlot wine|
|-||3/4 cup sugar|
|-||1 teaspoon grated orange rind|
|-||1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger|