- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Melt butter in skillet oven medium heat.
- Add garlic, thyme, herbs de provence and the bread cubes.
- Stir to coat.
- Add grated cheese and stir.
- Transfer bread to a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss again.
- Bake, stirring occasionally with a wide spatula, scraping across the bottom so that the cheese and seasonings don't stick and burn.
- Bake until lightly browned. (Approximately 15 minutes)
- Set aside to cool.
- Soak sliced onion in vinegar and a pinch of salt for at least 15 minutes. This is called blooming the onion, which mellows it's flavor.
- Toss sweet potatoes with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, sage, salt and pepper and Brussels sprouts.
- Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake at 400Â° until the potatoes and Brussels are tender. (15-20 minutes)
- Allow to cool.
- Into the onions, pour 1/2 cup of olive oil and season with pepper. If not serving the salad right away, this can be kept in a separate container and refrigerated until ready to serve.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, Brussels and croutons.
- Add onion vinaigrette and toss.
- Add parsley, toss again.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with more grated parmesan cheese and serve.
|Prep Time: 20 minutes|
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Container: baking sheet, medium bowl, skillet, large serving bowl
|-||1/4 cup butter unsalted|
|-||2 teaspoons garlic finely chopped|
|-||2 teaspoons fresh thyme - finely chopped|
|-||6 cups french of sour dough bread - cubed|
|-||1 tablespoon Herbs de Provence |
|-||6 tablespoons fresh parmesan or asiago cheese - grated|
|-|| salt and pepper to taste|
|-||1/2 small red onion - thinly sliced or diced|
|-||3 tablespoons sherry vinegar|
|-||1 pinch salt |
|-||4 cups sweet potatoes peeled and cubed|
|-||1/2 cup olive oil plus 2 tablespoons|
|-||1 tablespoon fresh sage - chopped|
|-|| pepper to taste|
|-||1/2 pound Brussels sprouts trimmed and halved|
|-||1/2 cup fresh parsley - loose chopped|