- Beat shortening until smooth, then add the sugar and baking powder. Mix until combined.
- Add the egg and almond extract until blended together.
- Add flour and salt. You may have to mix this by hand if the dough is too firm for a mixer.
- Divide dough into different containers and add food coloring as desired to each.
- Mix until all of the color is incorporated.
- Place dough into a cookie press with whatever tip is desired.
- Press cookies out, spaced evenly, onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in a 375° oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Bake them until firm on the edges but not browned.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Container: cookie sheet, mixer
|-||1 cup shortening|
|-||3/4 cup sugar|
|-||1/4 teaspoon baking powder|
|-||1 egg measuring 1/4 cup, add water to the egg in order to reach this measurement|
|-||1 teaspoon almond extract|
|-||1/2 teaspoon salt|
|-||2 1/4 cups flour|
|-|| food coloring as desired|