- Preheat oven to 375Â°.
- Snap off the tough ends of the asparagus.
- Unwrap phyllo and cut the stack in half lengthwise.
- Wrap 1 stack back up and place in the refrigerator.
- Keep the other stack that you will be working with covered with a damp towel.
- Take 1 sheet of phyllo, lay it out flat, and bush it with melted butter.
- Sprinkle asiago or blend of cheeses down the strip.
- Take 2-3 asparagus and lay them perpendicular to the strip at one end.
- Roll up gently, the tops and ends of the asparagus will be showing.
- Place the roll, seam side down, on a baking sheet.
- Brush the top with more melted butter and sprinkle with more cheese.
- Repeat until all of the spears are used up.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
|Prep Time: 20 minutes|
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Container: baking sheet
|-||1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed|
|-||1/2 package (16 oz) frozen phyllo dough sheets, thawed|
|-||1/4 cup butter, melted|
|-||1/2 cup asiago cheese, or parmesan, romano blend|