- Drain oysters, reserving their liquid.
- Boil the liquid, chicken stock or wine, shallots and celery in a saucepan until the liquid is reduced to approximately 1/2 cup.
- Add 1 1/2 cup cream (or milk and cream).
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Whisk egg yolk and remaining 1/4 cup of cream in medium bowl.
- Whisk in 1 cup of the hot soup to this.
- Then slowly add this egg mixture back into the hot soup.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer.
- Add oysters, salt, pepper, Old Bay Seasoning and lemon juice.
- Cook until oysters edges start to curl. Do not boil at this point.
- Serve in soup bowls and garnish with croutons.
|Container: 1 1/2 quart sacuepan or soup pot|
|-||1 quart fresh oysters with liquid|
|-||1/2 cup chicken stock or white wine|
|-||2 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped|
|-||2 teaspoons celery, finely chopped|
|-||1 3/4 cups heavy cream or 1 cup milk and 3/4 cup cream|
|-||2 egg yolks|
|-|| salt and pepper to taste|
|-||1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning|
|-||1 tablespoon lemon juice|
|-|| seasoned croutons to garnish|