- Drain oysters, reserving liquid in a bowl.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a skillet.
- Add mushrooms and sautÃ© for 3-5 minutes.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a heavy saucepan.
- Stir in flour to form a roux.
- Slowly pour in milk, cream (1 cup at a time) and liquid from the oysters, stirring constantly.
- Simmer 5-10 minutes.
- Add oysters and continue cooking until the oysters start to curl.
- Add lemon juice, salt, peppers, Old Bay Seasoning, mushrooms and cooked rice.
- Heat through and serve.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Container: heavy saucepan or stockpot
|-||1 1/2 quarts fresh oysters and their liquid|
|-||2 cups milk|
|-||1 cup heavy cream|
|-||5 tablespoons butter|
|-||3 tablespoons flour|
|-||1 teaspoon lemon juice|
|-|| salt and pepper to taste|
|-||1 dash cayenne pepper|
|-||2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning|
|-||1/2 cup mushrooms|
|-||1 cup wild rice, cooked per package directions|