- In mixing bowl, combine butter, cream and flour.
- Mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Divide in half.
- Let half get to room temperature, leave the other half in the refrigerator.
- On a floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8 inch thick or to desired thickness.
- Cut circles with a 1 to 1 1/2 inch round cookie cutter.
- Toss cut outs into a bowl of sugar to coat.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Prick each with a fork several times.
- Bake at 375 degrees F. for 7-9 minutes or until set.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Mix butter, confectioners sugar, vanilla extract and desired food coloring in a small bowl.
- Mix well until all is blended and the coloring is even.
- Place one tablespoon of filling (or desired amount) onto the bottom of a cookie, spread evenly, and top with another cookie.
- Store in an airtight container.
|Prep Time: 10 minutes|
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Container: mixing bowl, cookie sheets
|-||1 cup butter, softened|
|-||1/3 cup heavy whipping cream|
|-||2 cups flour|
|-||1/2 cup butter, softened|
|-||1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar|
|-||2 teaspoons vanilla extract|
|-|| food coloring of choice - optional|