- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Grease a 15x10 jelly roll pan and line it with wax paper.
- Grease and flour the paper.
- Lay out a tea towel and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt in a small bowl.
- Beat eggs and sugar in a large bowl until thick.
- Beat in pumpkin.
- Stir in the flour mixture.
- Spread into prepared pan and sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until the cake springs back when touched.
- Loosen the cake and turn out onto the prepared towel.
- Carefully peel off the paper.
- Roll the cake and the towel up together, starting with the narrow end.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter and vanilla in a small mixer bowl until smooth.
- Carefully unroll the cake removing the towel.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the cake.
- Reroll the cake.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and chopped nuts before serving.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 15 minutes
|-||3/4 cup flour|
|-||1/2 teaspoon baking powder|
|-||1/2 teaspoon baking soda|
|-||1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|-||1/2 teaspoon ground cloves|
|-||1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg|
|-||1/4 teaspoon salt|
|-||3 large eggs|
|-||1 cup sugar|
|-||2/3 cup pumpkin purÃ©e|
|-||1 cup chopped walnuts - optional, more for garnish|
|-||1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened|
|-||1 cup sifted powdered sugar|
|-||6 tablespoons butter, softened|
|-||1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|-|| powdered sugar for garnish|