- In a small bowl, stir together olive oil, mustard, cumin, paprika and a pinch of salt.
- Split rolls or cut desired bread into slices (8).
- Butter the outsides of the bread and lay out of a piece of tin foil or waxed paper.
- Spread the inside of each roll or bread with mustard mixture.
- Layer meats and cheese on bottom halves of rolls or bread.
- Spread a layer of leftover cranberry jelly on top of the meat if desired.
- Add a cheese layer and top with pickles.
- Cover with the top halves of the rolls or bread.
- Place on a hot skillet or pannini press.
- If using a skillet, cover the sandwich with foil and set a heavy pan or pot on top to press down the sandwich. (Even a brick wrapped in foil makes a great press.)
- Grill, pressing constantly and turning once, until the sandwiches are browned and crisp on both sides. (5-6 minutes per side)
- Cut in half and serve warm.
|Prep Time: 10 minutes|
Container: small bowl, large skillet or a pannini press
|-||2 tablespoons olive oil|
|-||2 tablespoons yellow mustard|
|-||1/2 teaspoon ground cumin|
|-||1/2 teaspoon paprika, regular or smoked|
|-||4 hoagie rolls or 8 slices of your favorite bread|
|-||6 ounces sliced turkey|
|-||6 ounces sliced ham|
|-|| leftover cranberry jelly - optional|
|-||8 slices swiss, provolone or cheddar cheese|
|-|| thin dill pickle|
|-||1/2 cup soft butter|