- Preheat oven to 350°. Place rack in the middle of the oven.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a medium skillet.
- Add pecan pieces and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until they become fragrant. (5-7 minutes)
- Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Place in bowl to cool.
- Cook Brussels sprouts in 6-8 quart pot of boiling, salted water, uncovered, just until tender.(5-7 minutes)
- May be steamed instead if desired.
- Transfer the Brussels sprouts to a bowl of ice water to stop cooking.
- Drain and lay out on paper towels to dry off excess moisture.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in a skillet over medium heat, add minced garlic and cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium high and add Brussels sprouts, stirring occasionally, until they start browning. (5-10 minutes)
- Add lemon juice, pepper and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Stir in pecans and serve warm.
|Prep Time: 20 minutes|
Cook Time: 10 minutes
|-||1/2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped|
|-||3 tablespoons unsalted butter|
|-||1/2 teaspoon salt, more to taste|
|-||2 pounds Brussels sprouts trimmed, cut in half|
|-||1/2 tablespoon minced garlic - 2 small cloves|
|-||2 teaspoons lemon juice|
|-|| black pepper to taste|