- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a food processor fitted with a slicing blade, coarsely shred the Brussels sprouts. If doubling this recipe, you will have to do the shredding in two batches.
- On one large or 2 medium baking sheets, toss the Brussels sprouts with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread out in an even layer.
- Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally so they do not burn.
- Watch them carefully.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with parmesan or asiago cheese and toss.
- Bake for 1-2 minutes more.
- Transfer to a bowl and top with toasted pine nuts. (optional).
- Can be made up to 2 hours ahead. Rewarm before serving.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 20 minutes
|-||3 pounds Brussels sprouts trimmed|
|-||1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|-|| kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste|
|-||3/4 cup fresh grated parmesan or asiago cheese|
|-||1/2 cup toasted pine nuts - optional|