- Preheat oven to 400Â°.
- In a mixing bowl, stir the dry ingredients and then cut in the butter to resemble the consistency of cornmeal.
- Blend in the cheeses with a fork until well blended.
- Shape into 1 1/2 to 2 inch rolls.
- Chill for 30-40 minutes in the refrigerator and then slice each roll into slices approximately 1/4 inch thick.
- Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheet and let cool.
- Store the cooled crackers in an airtight container.
- Freezes well.
- *These crackers can be made crispier by slicing them thinner before baking.
|Prep Time: 45 minutes|
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Container: mixing bowl, cooking sheet
|-||1/2 cup butter or margarine|
|-||1 1/2 cups flour - sifted|
|-||1/2 teaspoon salt|
|-||1 teaspoon baking powder|
|-|| a few grinds of fresh black pepper|
|-||1 teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|-||1 cup monterey jack cheese - shredded|
|-||1 cup colby jack cheese - shredded|