- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cube cheese into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Place in a food process with cold butter and pulse until everything is the size of small peas.
- In a small bowl, stir flour with cornmeal, salt, chili powder, cayenne pepper and mustard until blended.
- Add this to the mixture in the food processor, pulse until blended.
- Sprinkle water evenly over the mixture in the processor, pulse until the dough begins to form into a ball.
- Shape the dough into 8 inch disks.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm enough to roll, approximately 30 minutes.
- On a floured surface, roll dough to 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut with 2 inch round cookie cutter and transfer to an ungreased baking sheet.
- Poke each with a fork.
- Sprinkle with cayenne pepper.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until crisp.
- *For a crispier cracker, roll dough to 1/8 inch thick.
- Transfer to a rack to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
|Container: food processor, cookie sheet|
|-||6 ounces pepper jack cheese|
|-||1 tablespoon jalapeno peppers, seeded, minced|
|-||1/3 cup cold butter, cut into small cubes|
|-||3/4 cup flour|
|-||1/4 cup cornmeal|
|-||1/2 teaspoon salt|
|-||1/4 teaspoon chili powder|
|-||1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|-||1/4 teaspoon dry mustard|
|-||4 tablespoons ice cold water|