- Preheat oven to 400Â°.
- Grease baking pan.
- Place the dried fruit in a small bowl and pour boiling water over it until covered. Set aside.
- In a food processor, add the cottage cheese, sugar, buttermilk, 4 tablespoons of melted butter, and almonds. Process until smooth.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Pulse the food processor until the dough clumps together similar to biscuit dough (8-10 pulses). The dough should be sticky.
- Turn out the dough onto a floured surface and knead gently 4 to 5 times or until the dough is smooth. Do not overwork.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough to make a 12 x 15 rectangle.
- Brush the surface with 2 tablespoons of melted butter.
- Combine the sugar, cinnamon, and cloves. Sprinkle the mixture over the dough; then pat into the dough.
- Drain the fruit and pat dry with paper towels.
- Distribute the fruit over the sugared dough.
- Starting on the long edge of the dough, roll it up in jelly roll fashion.
- Pinch the edge to seal, leaving both ends open.
- Cut the dough into 12 equal sized rolls.
- With the cut side up (spiral design facing up), place the rolls in the baking pan.
- Bake on the middle rack for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the rolls from pan one at a time and place onto a wire rack that is positioned over waxed paper.
- Combine the glaze ingredients in a small mixing bowl, blending the ingredients together until smooth and thick.
- Adjust the consistency with a few drops of buttermilk if needed.
- Drizzle the glaze over the rolls, allowing the glaze to drip off the edges. The waxed paper will catch any excess.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Container: 9 inch square or round baking pan
|-||3/4 cup cottage cheese|
|-||1/3 cup sugar|
|-||1/3 cup buttermilk|
|-||6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted|
|-||1 1/2 teaspoons almond or vanilla extract|
|-||2 cups flour|
|-||1 tablespoon baking powder|
|-||1/2 teaspoon baking soda|
|-||1/2 teaspoon salt|
|-||1/2 cup dried craisins - or favorite dried fruit|
|-||1/2 cup dried apricots - or favorite dried fruit|
|-||2/3 cup packed brown sugar|
|-||1/2 cup white sugar|
|-||1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon|
|-||1/2 teaspoon ground cloves|
|-||2/3 cup confectioners' sugar|
|-||3 teaspoons buttermilk|
|-||1 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract|