- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Wash outside of apples. Remove stem and core apple to within 1/4 inch from bottom.
- Peel and remove skin from top quarter of apple.
- Lightly score through the skin, around outside middle of apple. Score the apples so the knife only breaks through the skin to help prevent the apple from splitting as it bakes.
- Place apples in baking dish.
- Mix water and lemon juice together, filling each apple with approximately 1 tablespoon of this mixture. Remaining mixture can be poured into baking dish.
- Divide raisins into 4 even bunches and fill apples with raisins.
- Combine sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg, mixing together thoroughly. Sprinkle into apples. If there is excess, sprinkle randomly around baking dish liquid.
- Bake uncovered 35 to 45 minutes or until apples are soft.
- As apples bake, baste 2 to 3 times with pan juices.
- Serve warm and garnish if desired with whipped topping.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Container: 8 inch square baking dish
Serving Size: 1
|-||4 large baking apples|
|-||3/4 cup water|
|-||2 teaspoons lemon juice|
|-||1/4 cup raisins, divided|
|-||1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon|
|-||1/4 teaspoon nutmeg|
|-||1/4 cup sugar|