- Cut squash in half lenghtwise.
- Scoop out seeds.
- Grease baking sheets and place squash cut side down on the sheet.
- Bake in a 375° oven for 45 minutes or until fork tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the turkey sausage with onion, apples, mushroom, garlic and figs (or craisins).
- Cook over medium heat until meat is cooked and slightly browned.
- Sprinkle flour over the meat mixture, stir to blend.
- Stir in teriyaki sauce, bring to a boil, cook and stir until thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- When the squash is done, turn over on the baking sheet.
- Put 2 tablespoons of butter in each and let it melt.
- Fill each squash half with meat mixture and bake 15 more minutes.
- Sprinkle until cheese melts. (5-10 minutes)
- Toast pine nuts for 5 minutes in a skillet.
- Put on top of squash halves.
- Serve hot.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 1 hour
Container: baking sheet and medium frying pan
|-||2 medium sized spaghetti squash or squash of choice|
|-||1 pound turkey sausage - thawed|
|-||1 medium onion - chopped|
|-||1 large apple - peeled and chopped|
|-||1 clove garlice - chopped|
|-||1/2 cup fig or craisins - chopped|
|-||8 ounces baby portobello mushrooms or your favorite mushroom - chopped|
|-||2 tablespoons flour|
|-||2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce or soy sauce|
|-|| grated parmesan cheese to taste|
|-||1/4 cup roasted pine nuts|