- Grease the baking pan with margarine and set aside.
- Combine the sugar, corn syrup and margarine in a large saucepan. Measure out the peanut butter and set aside.
- Heat sugar, syrup and margarine over medium high heat just until it comes to a rolling boil.
- Remove from heat and add the peanut butter in the saucepan. Stir until the peanut butter is melted and mixed in evenly.
- Add the cereal and stir quickly, making sure all cereal is coated evenly.
- Pour mixture into the baking pan and quickly press down with greased hands to distribute evenly.
- Immediately distribute the chocolate chips, peanut butter chips and butterscotch chips over the top of the warm bars.
- Allow chips to sit for 10 minutes. Check with a knife to see if they have all melted. Spread evenly over the top of the bars. If chips are not completely melted allow them to set for another 5 minutes and then finish spreading.
- Allow to cool at room temperature and then cut into bars.
|Prep Time: 1 hour|
Container: 9 x 13
|-||1 cup sugar|
|-||1 cup light corn syrup|
|-||1/4 cup margarine|
|-||1 cup creamy peanut butter|
|-||6 cups rice krispie cereal|
|-||1 cup milk chocolate chips (or semi-sweet)|
|-||1/2 cup peanut butter chips|
|-||1/2 cup butterscotch chips|