- In a saucepan, heat olive oil.
- Add red pepper and onions.
- SautÃ© on low heat until soft, approximately 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add shrimp, half and half, tomato sauce (or diced tomatoes), hot sauce, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add butter.
- Place 1/2 of the hot mixture into the blender and process at high speed for 10-15 seconds. Be sure to let the steam escape through the top.
- Transfer bisque to a soup bowl.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Optional garnishes: green onion, red pepper and additional shrimp.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Container: saucepan, blender
|-||1 tablespoon olive oil|
|-||1 red pepper, chopped|
|-||1/2 cup yellow onion|
|-||1/2 pound cooked or raw shrimp|
|-||2 cups fat free half and half|
|-||1 can tomato sauce (15 oz) or 1 cup fresh, chopped tomato|
|-||1/2 teaspoon hot sauce - adjust to taste|
|-|| salt and fresh pepper to taste|
|-||1/2 teaspoon old bay seasoning - optional|
|-||1 tablespoon butter|
|-|| grated parmesan cheese for garnish|