- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream together the butter and sugar; add the eggs and beat until well mixed.
- Thoroughly blend in the flour, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- Spoon batter into a 9 inch springform pan.
- Peel fruit and place on top of the batter. You may have to have two layers of fruit to get them all to fit. Set aside.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle evenly over fruit, then drizzle with lemon juice.
- Bake for two hours.
- Cool slightly, then remove from pan. Sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
|Prep Time: 10 minutes|
Cook Time: 2 hours
|-||1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature|
|-||1 cup sugar|
|-||2 large eggs|
|-||1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted|
|-||1 teaspoon baking powder|
|-||1/8 teaspoon salt|
|-||12 plums, pluots, or peaches, cut in half & pitted with skins removed|
|-||1 tablespoon sugar|
|-||1 tablespoon ground cinnamon|
|-||1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice|
|-|| Powdered sugar|