- Separate wings into sections. Save wing tips for stock or discard. The other 2 sections can be left joined (fewer pieces to turn on the grill) or separated (easier to get both the larger 'drummie' sections and the smaller middle sections grilled to a uniform doneness; easier to eat).
- Put remaining ingredients into blender or food processor and pulse 8 - 10 times (or make by hand: chop onion and garlic very finely; then mash chopped onion and garlic together with the salt, and then add remaining ingredients).
- Combine the wings and sauce in a small bowl or plastic bag. Stir to coat well, or shake and turn bag. Refrigerate, covered, for at least 2 hours (or up to 8 hours).
- Heat the grill. Remove the chicken from the sauce/marinade and pat dry. Pour the sauce into a small saucepan and boil until reduced by half.
- Grill the chicken 15 minutes or until done (no pink shows in thickest part of meat), turning as needed to prevent burning.
- Serve the wings with the sauce (for dipping).
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 15 minutes
|-||12 chicken wings|
|-||2 tablespoons minced garlic, or 1 tablespoon garlic powder|
|-||2 tablespoons spicy mustard|
|-||1/2 cup dry red wine (substitute fruit juice)|
|-||1 teaspoon salt|
|-||1/2 teaspoon pepper|
|-||1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste|
|-||1 tablespoon olive oil|
|-||2 tablespoons soy sauce|