- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine all ingredients except cereal and nuts in mixing bowl and stir thoroughly.
- Pour into souffle dish or pie plate that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with cereal.
- Bake 35 minutes or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, melt 4 tablespoons butter in a medium sized saucepan.
- Add 3/4 cup of crushed pecans and 1/3 cup brown sugar.
- Saute over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and drain on a paper towel.
- When souffle has cooled slightly, top with pecan mixture.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
|Cook Time: 10 minutes|
Container: 1 1/2 quart soufflÃƒÂ© dish or 9 inch pie plate
|-||1/2 cup thawed apple juice concentrate|
|-||3 egg whites, beaten until soft peaks form|
|-||1 can pumpkin (15 oz)|
|-||12 ounces can of non-fat evaporated milk, scalded.|
|-||1/2 teaspoon ground ginger|
|-||1/2 teaspoon allspice|
|-||2 tablespoons sugar|
|-||1 teaspoon cinnamon|
|-||1/2 cup grape nuts cereal|
|-||4 tablespoons unsalted butter (1/2 stick)|
|-||1/3 cup brown sugar|
|-||3/4 cup pecans, crushed or chopped using a rolling pin or food processor|